/ Info Booklet / Staff
/ BoT / PTA
/ Enrolment / Principal
Our School Crest / Mission Statement / School History / After School Care / School Uniform/ General
History Of Our School
St Francis Xavier School was opened
in 1919 by the Mercy Sisters and was staffed by them until approximately 1984. Initially
lessons were held in the church until 1929 when buildings were erected. The
old buildings were replaced in 1985 and were the first of the Dunedin Catholic
Schools to be built in this modern style. The school continues its ties with
the Sisters of Mercy.
Our new buildings were opened by
Bishop Boyle on 14 July 1985. They were built with the strong link between
home, school and church in mind and we think the connections are easy to see.
St Francis Xavier School was
integrated into the State School system in 1981. We have several second and
third generation pupils and we are always grateful for the solid faith
foundation laid by the Sisters of Mercy in the Mornington Community.